We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Signalling Supervisor!
Amaro are a leading provider of signalling, power and telecoms services. We help some of the biggest names in rail by providing engineering and design support for their most complex and challenging projects. Established in 2011, over the years we’ve forged a reputation for service, flexibility and railway engineering excellence, offering a level of engineering and value rarely seen amongst our competitors.
- overseeing every aspect of the delivery of works;
- organising, planning and controlling work activities of a number of teams through direct or delegated actions;
- ensuring works activities are efficiently scheduled and delivered;
- preparing works specifications and plans and providing these to staff;
- monitoring works process to ensure the work standards are met and quality of works are adhered to;
- ensuring works are completed and handed over in accordance with applicable standards;
- identifying opportunities for improvements and recommended to management;
- assuring the overall safety and quality of work;
- working to agreed processes and procedures and final handover to others;
- carrying out staff surveillance and assessing staff;
- authority to work assessments;
- ensuring any issues are promptly investigated and reported to management.
Skills, experience and competencies
- COSS certification.
- BS1 and BS2.
- Holds or has previously held an IRSE license.
- Full UK driving license.
- Valid PTS.
- At least five years’ experience working in signalling installation or maintenance is a must.
- Able to lead a team/teams.
- Good knowledge of signalling equipment and how this functions.
- Extensive knowledge of removal and replacement of signalling components as part of a renewal activity.
- Capable of understanding and interpreting installation and signalling documentation / diagrams.
- Able to demonstrate how the role holder keeps up to date with and maintains sufficient technical competence.
Desirable or working towards:
- Credited assessor.
** Please apply through this advert attaching a copy of your up-to-date CV which includes your address.
Competitive rates, dependent upon experience.
It is the policy of Amaro to provide equal employment opportunities to all persons. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, gender, sex, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or information or any other characteristic protected by law. We will take additional measures to support anyone who may need assistance throughout our recruitment process.
We are not an immigration sponsored company and so are unable to accept applications from anyone who does not hold the correct documentation allowing them to legally work in the UK.