A leading provider of specialist signalling, LV, HV, and OLE support to the UK’s rail sector, we work with some of nation’s most demanding clients, providing engineering and design support on many of their most critical projects.
Best known for our expertise in signalling, over the years we’ve forged an enviable reputation for excellence, offering a standard of engineering and a level of value rarely seen amongst our competitors.
Ultimately, however, it’s our team that sets us apart from the rest; a hugely experienced, dedicated group of people with the passion and expertise to propose innovative and highly effective solutions to the most complex of engineering challenges.
The successful candidate
Based out of our Strood office, the ideal candidate will have a signalling rail engineering background and will have the following qualities…
- Have carried out rail signalling site works of various differing types across Network Rail Infrastructure
- ONC, HNC or degree in Electrical Engineering
- Have very good understanding of Signalling and Signalling Power Systems and the affect’s on the Signalling System.
- Will understand when and where non-conceptual design process can be used
- Will be able to read signalling drawings and use the information from the drawings as required within tender submissions
- Will be up to speed on the latest Network Rail Standards for all signalling assets
- Will understand how the various parts of Network Rail works, how they are funded and how they interface with one another including RAM Team / Operations / Maintenance / Works Delivery / Investment Projects etc.
- Will be a good communicator who understands the issues that Network Rail engineers, being able to propose solutions to solve their challenges
- Will have Excellent skills in writing PQQs and technical methodologies for tenders
- Should have excellent presentation skills, both in terms of creating PowerPoint presentations for tenders and presenting to the client where required
- Will be capable of putting together a ‘cost to complete’ programme for their projects
- Will have the ability to manage projects robustly to ensure they are delivered safely, at the right quality whilst achieving key financial targets
- Will be confident in attending CVRs and being able to explain all costs relating to the project, identifying potential savings and gains
- Should be able to read P6 Primavera programmes
- Produce periodic reports for the client on their projects
- Capable of managing various differing projects at any one time
- Will have good leadership skills, being able to drive a delivery team to achieve the desired results
What can we offer?
- An excellent salary (circa £60k)
- 25 days holiday
- A competitive pension
- Private healthcare for both themselves and their family
- A fantastic working environment and culture
- A comprehensive training programme
Interested? Get in touch
If you’re looking for a career in rail or you know someone who is, why not get in touch?
If you’d like to apply for this position please send an up-to-date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, marked for the attention of our Managing Director, Michael Ewart.
Amaro Signalling is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from anyone who is appropriately qualified and experienced, regardless of their background, ethnicity, religion, gender or sexual orientation.