A leading provider of specialist signalling, LV, HV, and OLE support to the UK’s rail sector, we work with some of nation’s most demanding clients, providing engineering and design support on many of their most critical projects.
Best known for our expertise in signalling, over the years we’ve forged an enviable reputation for excellence, offering a standard of engineering and a level of value rarely seen amongst our competitors.
Ultimately, however, it’s our team that sets us apart from the rest; a hugely experienced, dedicated group of people with the passion and expertise to propose innovative and highly effective solutions to the most complex of engineering challenges.
A permanent role (40h/week) based in Stevenage , the successful candidate will benefit from…
- £25k/annum, generous benefits and holiday allowance
- A fantastic culture and working environment
- Excellent career progression prospects
- Comprehensive training and development programmes
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to kickstart a career within the railway sector (a recession proof industry) and move up the ranks with a willingness to learn and good attitude. The right candidate will start by covering all aspects of admin/doc control, gaining more experience in the planning division, gaining such qualifications as PTS (Personal track safety), safe system of work planning, P6 primavera planning and eventually possession and access planning.
The right candidate will have the attributes to work towards becoming the company’s Planning Manager with several planners working underneath them in the years to come. At Amaro, progression is key, and development (both personal and companywide) is everybody’s number one priority along with delivering work safely and efficiently.
- Processing of timesheets
- Production of purchase orders
- General document control
- Updating and monitoring of fatigue management across the business
- Chairing labour meeting and updating labour board for distribution to all staff across the business
- Requesting external labour for projects from approved agencies
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (particularly Excel)
- Willingness to learn about the railway and its operational requirements
- Be adaptable and flexible with roles and responsibilities
- Previous railway experience (desirable)
- Happy to work both within a team and independently
- Able to work within a very fast pace environment with deadlines being always upheld
How to apply
Contact our Planning Manager, Kamyus Metrane, by sending an up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 26/03/21.